Pioneer's Adult Education is currently registering students for fall classes in our State Tested Nurse Aide (STNA) program.
Would you like to provide nursing-related services to patients or residents in a long-term care or acute care facility? This program is for you!
This 87 hour STNA program will train you for a CNA (Certified Nurse Aide) position with the opportunity to test for STNA (State Tested Nurse Aide) certification plus a 7 hour class for certification in Heartsaver First Aid & Healthcare Provider CPR/AED Certification. This program also includes 16 hours of clinical experience.
During STNA classroom instruction, you will learn:
- Communications & interpersonal skills
- Infection Control
- Safety and emergency procedures
- Basic nursing skills
- Personal care skills
- Mental health and Social service needs
- Basic restorative services
- Residents’ rights
Program costs include textbooks, classroom materials, cost of the State Tested Nurse aide examination, Heartsaver First Aid, Healthcare Provider CPR/AED training and certification, Two-Step Mantoux TB test and WorkKeys assessments. Total tuition must be paid prior to enrollment
- A scrub shirt & pants* for clinical experience
- A Two-Step Mantoux TB test* that is current within 30 days of clinicals
- Must have started the Hepatitis B series*
- Perfect attendance
- Physical exam* less than 1 year
- Orientation will be held prior to start of class
*Costs for scrubs shirt & pants, Hepatitis series and physical exam are not included
**Students are required to take three WorkKeys assessment tests: Applied Math, Locating Information, and Reading for Information
Financial aid programs may be available to qualifying students who enroll in this training program.
For more information, call Pioneer Adult Education at 419-342-1100.