Like to work with plants and flowers? Enjoy seeing things grow? Working with your hands? Horticulture may be just for you. This two-year program is for students who are creative, like working with their hands, enjoy working with people and have a strong interest in ornamental horticulture and floriculture.
- Retail Floristry & Floral Design
- Small Fruit & Vegetable Production
- Landscape Maintenance
- Plant & Horticultural Science
- Customer Service
- Greenhouse Operation & Production
- Safety Standards
Advanced specialized training available athe the Agricultural Technical Institute (ATI) in Wooster and Ohio State University.
- Work side-by-side with an expert floral designer in a professional flower shop and greenhouse environment
- Utilize an extensive knowledge of plants and creative design elements in a full service green house environment
- Operate and maintain professional greenhouse
Prepared for immediate employment in landscaping and further education.
- Garden Centers
- Nursery & Landscape Businesses
- Florist Shops
- Tree Service Worker
- Golf Course, City Park & Industrial Grounds Maintenance Worker