You will experience practical, hands-on training in an industry-like environment to prepare for a rewarding career in this field.
In lab, you will learn the basics of meat cutting, trimming and boning, wrapping, sausage making and curing. In addition, you will gain an understanding of sanitation and food safety. Slaughter techniques, carcass preparation, customer service and entrepreneurship are also covered in this program.
- Slaughtering & Processing of Beef, Lamb and Pork
- State & Federal Regulations of Sanitation, Labeling, Curing and Meat Smoking
- Carcass Grading & Pricing
- Customer Relations & Retail Sales
- ID of Wholesale & Retail Cut
- Wrapping, Packaging & Freezing
- Inventory Control
- Business Accounting
- Safety Standards
- Produce a variety of meat processing products
- Utilize modern meat processing equipment
- Work daily with the same equipment used in the the industry
Prepared for further education or immediate employment.
- Slaughterhouse Employee
- Retail/Wholesale Meat Processor & Cutter
- Meat Market Manager
- State & Federal Meat Inspector