Pioneer Students Participate in the Business Professionals of America Virtual State Leadership Conference
Shelby, OH - Students from Pioneer Career and Technology Center participated in the first ever virtual Business Professionals of America (BPA) State Leadership Conference April 20th-24th. Pioneer chapter members, Tori Carman, Robert Guiler, Jace Howell, Gavin Hobson, Jacob McLean, Dameon Newsome, Electra Norwood, Andrew Pounds, and Samuel Young joined more than 900 conference delegates from across Ohio to compete in state level business skills competitions, recognize over 200 Statesman Torch Award winners, elect the 2020-2021 state officer team, and celebrate the donation of over 6,000 hours and $28,000 to Special Olympics Ohio.
This year, Pioneer has 71 students who have excelled throughout the year and represented our local chapter of Business Professionals of America.
BPA is the premier Career and Technical Student Organization (CTSO) for high school, college, and middle school students preparing for careers in business, finance and management information systems and other related fields. The organization’s activities and programs complement classroom instruction by giving students practical experience through application of the skills learned at school. BPA has the ability to enhance student participation in professional, civic, service and social endeavors. Members participate in these activities to accomplish goals of self-improvement, leadership development, professionalism, community service, career development, public relations, student cooperation and safety and health.
The results from the recent Virtual State Competitive event are as follows:
- Robert Guiler, junior in IT Support from Northmor, 11th Place in Computer Security
- Jacob McLean, junior in Web Page Design from Ontario, 6th Place in Fundamentals of Web Design
- Tori Carman, senior in Web Page Design from Wynford, 10th Place in Fundamentals of Web Design
- Gavin Hobson, junior in IT Support from Northmor, 6th Place in Linux Operating System Fundamentals
- Jace Howell, junior in IT Support from Ontario, 12th Place in Network Administration Using Cisco
- Samuel Young, senior in IT Support from Northmor, 11th Place in PC Servicing & Troubleshooting
- Andrew Pounds, junior in IT Support from Lexington, 16th Place in PC Servicing & Troubleshooting
- Dameon Newsome, junior in IT Support from Willard, 3rd Place in Server Administration Using Microsoft
- Electra Norwood, senior in IT Support from Galion, 4th Place in Server Administration Using Microsoft
If the BPA National competition was being held this year, Dameon Newsom and Electra Norwood would have qualified for nationals in Server Administration Using Microsoft.