Ashland University (www.ashland.edu) invites applications for a full-time Administrative Assistant to support the Dwight Schar College of Nursing and Health Sciences, located in Mansfield, OH. This position facilitates the mission and strategic plan of the college by providing administrative support to the program chairs, faculty and staff, and other personnel as appropriate.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates book orders with faculty.
- Maintains official documents on the business of the faculty.
- Manages program chairs calendars, as desired.
- Screens incoming calls and correspondence, responding independently when appropriate.
- Coordinates faculty meetings with the Dean's calendar and assists faculty in management of agenda, minutes, and preparation of support documents.
- Provides secretarial support to faculty as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality of college business information.
- Demonstrates effective behaviors and accountability.
- Performs author/moderator functions for the College website.
- Participates in and fosters a performance improvement approach that includes both intradepartmental and interdepartmental activities.
- Processes course, clinical site, and faculty evaluations in a timely manner providing information to appropriate individuals.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the department chairs and/or administrators of the college.
- High School diploma required. Associate or Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant secretarial or managerial experience, preferably at the administrative level.
- Experience in higher education setting preferred.
- Performs duties of a sensitive and confidential nature that require discretion, independent judgment and decision making skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, calm under pressure, able to multi-task, prioritize, and demonstrate excellent organizational, follow up, and communication skills.
- Proficient with office computer applications.
- Successful candidate will be reliable, show good judgment, demonstrate initiative, and be versatile and adaptable.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality is essential.
- Ability to work indoors in moderately stressful environment.
- Physical requirements include frequent sitting, data entry, lifting (< 15# files and supplies), reaching, pushing/pulling (drawers), walking.
To apply online, go to https://www.ashland.edu/administration/content/administrative-assistant-dwight-schar-college-nursing-and-health-sciences
Please submit a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.
Job Type: Full-time
- administrative secretarial or managerial: 3 years (Required)
- higher education: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)