Are you ready to grow sales and be a part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward and exceed customer expectations?
Apply Now and move your career forward with Airgas as an Inside Sales Associate in Wooster, OH!
What you will do:
The Inside Sales Associate is responsible for working closely with an assigned team of Account Managers to manage and profitably grow Airgas business within a sales territory. This position will have regional objectives for sales and profitability growth within an assigned territory.
- Works with outside sales team to maintain and grow the existing customer base, including:
- Maximize account retention through proactive and frequent customer contacts and rapport development.
- Secures and maintains customer contact relationships with key decision makers, buying influencers and users of products within each assigned account.
- Improves existing customer business practices through the use and management of Airgas Sales Specialists, vendor partners, current industry best practices, new products and other available resources.
- Maximizes Airgas “Wallet Share” of existing account base through selling the complete portfolio of Airgas products and services.
- Responds to and solves customer complaints by deploying the necessary company resources
- Works with Accounts Receivable personnel in solving collections issues and achieving Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) goals.
- Takes a lead role in identifying, analyzing and solving service issues.
- Establishes and maintains clear and consistent lines of communication with internal departments relative to customer successes, customer failures, new customer developments and other customer specific information.
- Collaborates with Account Managers in developing and executing plans to improve Airgas market share within the assigned sales territory.
- Maintains a leadership role in delivering sales service. Provides direction as required to other Airgas associates such as market information, pricing strategies, product information or customer information.
- Works closely with local Branch managers to assist in promoting sales and customer management through retail store locations within assigned geographical area
- Supports all local, national and regional sales initiatives such as bulk gas sales, safety sales, specialty gas sales, Brand Strategy Management and others that are or may be defined
- Develops and maintains positive work habits that are conducive to sales and profitability growth, including:
- Strategizing daily with assigned Account Managers and completing required field visits with each.
- Achieving department goals on phone time, outbound calls, and other KPI’s.
- Responsibility for counter sales as needed.
- Other duties/projects as may be assigned.
What you will need:
- A high school diploma or equivalent. Additional post high school education and/or training preferred.
- Prior customer service and/or inside sales related experience required.
- Prior experience with SAP preferred.
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing; listens effectively and clarifies information as needed; works well with others in a team environment across the organization knowing who to engage to achieve results. Uses candor and sensitivity in their dealings with others.
- Exhibits customer focused behavior such as building positive relationships and strives to understand customer’s needs, both internal and external.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrates a clear and effective speaking manner for the purpose of explaining information to customers and employees and strong customer service skills.Ability to
- travel to moderately between the Mansfield, Wooster, and Medina markets.
- Ability to maintain and demonstrate a positive attitude with all Airgas associates, customers, vendors and other Airgas business partners
- Strong mathematical, problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to apply to customer sales analysis and cost comparisons.
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational and time management skills to include the ability to multi- task and effectively manage projects in a diverse organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business and financial concepts including but not limited to Gross Margin, Gross Margin %, Profit & Loss Statement, & EBITDA.
We take care of you:
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
Who we are:
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access® telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry-leading technology and innovations.
Check out what a career at Airgas can offer you!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
“Great place to work with great growth potential” - Director, Atlanta
“Opportunity to advance and a great safety program” - Driver, Cheshire
“Fun people to work with and flexible management” - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability