High school or equivalent (Preferred)
This position is subject to various roles, including but not limited to the following:
In many cases, the catering staff will be asked to set up all tables, chairs, linens and place settings where the guests will be seated. Even if the event location has a pre-set dining area when the caterer arrives, the food-service staff will be required to set up the food-serving area or create a buffet-style setup for guests to serve themselves.
Once all tables, place settings, serving areas, and food items are prepared and guests are ready to dine, catering staffs may be required to serve the food. At most formal events, table service is offered. Such as clearing discarded dishes in between courses.
The final step in on-site and off-site catering is cleaning up and tearing down the dining area. All plates, dishes, silverware and glasses must be removed, linens collected, tables and chairs removed and garbage cleaned up. Packing up any left over foods, serving equipment, thermal containers and bags to return to the home location is typically the last required responsibility for completing a job.
Transporting Food Items
The ability to transport food efficiently is essential to successfully complete an on-site or off-site catering job. Certain items like pastas and meats must be kept hot, while salads or cold cuts must remain chilled. Other items may be prepared in advance while some must be prepared at the site of the event, and still there may be items that are prepared ahead of time but assembled at the event, such as beef sandwiches. Knowledge of proper packing techniques and catering supplies, such as racks, Sternos and thermal coolers and bags is required.
Maintenance Liaison Duties
- Supplies and replenishes meeting rooms in a prompt and courteous manner
- Maintains established cleaning schedule of meeting rooms so rooms stay presentable at all times
- Safely drive and maintain vehicles available for transporting meeting materials
- Maintain and keep all Food Services vehicle records. Ensure vehicle regular servicing as instructed by supervisor
- To maintain all areas of the academy buildings in a clean, tidy and hygienic condition. - - This will involve cleaning, washing, sweeping, mopping, dusting, washing up, polishing and vacuum cleaning of designated areas to the required standard.
- Use powered equipment (scrubbing/buffing machines, wet pick up machines, vacuum cleaners) ensuring that cleaning machinery and other equipment is operated appropriately and in a safe manner.
- Emptying litter-bins etc. and removing waste to designated areas.
- Cleaning of toilets and washrooms to the required standard where allocated and ensuring cloakrooms are stocked with soap, towels etc.
Spray cleaning, scrubbing floors and re-sealing with polish.
- Cleaning of working surfaces and other furniture as directed.
- Clearing up after flooding and/or and other emergency cleaning.
- Undertake any other duties which might reasonably be expected by the Facilities Manager/Cleaner in Charge.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $10.00 - $15.00 per hour
All staff members are required to wear proper face coverings and gloves. Proper social distancing guidelines are also enforced.
This Job Is:
Company's Facebook page: