Pentair currently has an opening for a Buyer Analyst to join our team at our Ashland, OH location. In this role, the Buyer Analyst will ensure there is product at the right time to meet customer demands while meeting delivery, quality, cost and cash objectives. The role requires a person who can work in a fast-paced environment, take the initiative to solve problems, and be a quick learner. To be successful, you will need to be detail oriented with strong organizational skills, communicate effectively, and have an aptitude for purchasing.
- Create career growth and rotational opportunities within various areas of the organization
- Pay competitively
- Provide on the job training and mentoring in Pentair’s proven best practices
- Offer health benefits & coaching
- Support your long term retirement goals through a competitive 401K matching and stock purchase plan
- Offer employee discounts
- Protect you with life insurance and other options
- Tell you more about all the great benefits – just ask!
- Plan and organize procurement of products across multiple Business Units to ensure on time delivery of product to our customers and maximize the available capacity at the most effective total cost.
- Manage projects / assignments requiring indemnification of objectives, resources, and / or approaches.
- Work directly with suppliers to develop and maintain strong positive relationships.
- Monitor forecast against demand and usage quantities to identify issues and trends.
- Manage inventory on an ongoing and proactive basis.
- Participate on teams in new product launches, product updates and the ramp down of expired products to minimize customer impact as well as minimizing obsolete inventory.
- Work closely with Master Scheduler to understand inventory needs and schedules.
- Work and communicate internally across all levels of the organization.
- Employ lean concepts and techniques, working closely with the lean team to improve productivity.
- Design and implement short term and long term business strategy plans that meet / exceed business inventory levels and supplier delivery performance targets
- Design and implement process improvements targeted at improved productivity, quality, safety, value engineering, cost and efficiency of operations.
- Resolve invoicing exceptions with suppliers and Accounts Payable Department.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Have earned a Bachelor's Degree.
- Have 2+ years of experience in a buying role.
- Have knowledge of related products in order to understand the market, seasonal trends the material process flow.
- Have ERP experience.
- Have the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Be able to influence peers and lead cross functional teams.
- Demonstrate proven results in driving supplier improvements.
- Possess excellent analytical and negotiation skills.
- Have the ability to utilize problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Possess technical skills in Lean Manufacturing techniques, Kaizen, Process Improvement, freight and distribution, materials management and production scheduling.
- Have strong customer orientation.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be a strong team player with a strong commitment to company values.
- Have excellent computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
We like, but don’t require:
With our expanding global presence, cross-cultural insight and competence are essential for our ongoing success. We believe that a diverse workforce contributes different perspectives and creative ideas that enable us to continue to improve every day. Race, gender, ethnicity, country of origin, age, personal style, sexual orientation, physical ability, religion, life experiences and many more factors contribute to this diversity.
We take ongoing action to improve the diversity of our workforce by:
- Ensuring leadership involvement and ownership
- Attracting and retaining diverse talent at all levels
- Fostering a globally aware, inclusive culture
- Ensuring our practices are fair and non-discriminatory