- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-article part, and sample workpieces.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; replacing worn tools; adhering to quality procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Conceptual Skills, Process Improvement, Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Controls and Instrumentation, Tooling, Coordination with other production areas, Attention to Detail, Judgment
· Must be able to kneel, bend, stoop, squat and stretch to reach various CNC and components.
· Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Reports to: Cell 3 Team Leader
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $19.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible