Mohican Young Star Academy is a proud provider of residential treatment to at-risk adolescent boys. We’re looking to hire an experienced Cook to join our growing campus located in the middle of the beautiful Mohican Park.Our culture is based on consistency and structure, and the philosophy is focused on using trauma-informed approaches to change the negative behaviors and give youth a second chance in life.
Position Title: Cook
Responsible To: Head Cook
Responsible For: Planning, coordinating and preparing meals.
Minimum Qualifications: High School Graduate
Basic Minimum Qualifications: Must be able to walk, talk, breathe, sit,stand, bend and see.
The Cook(s) is responsible for at least three (3) meal preparations a day, five (5)days a week. They are to plan andcoordinate meals in accordance with the dietary approved menus that are made available and document all necessary information for record keeping.
1. Prepare nutritional meals by following the dietary-approved menus provided.
2. Responsible of maintaining all codes required to maintain Food Service License.
3. Maintain the temperatures of all cooling units on a daily basis.
4. Once a month an inventory must be done of all food and supplies.
5. The food storage areas must be cleaned at least once a month, checking for damaged or spoiled food.
6. Must follow all Health Inspection Codes.
7. Maintain record of all food that is damaged,spoiled or destroyed.
8. Responsible for all necessary cleaning of the kitchen on a daily basis including: washing dishes, wiping down cabinets, cleaning the dining room, sweeping etc.
1. Preparation of extra snacks that are used throughout the evenings.
Cook 2’s may be responsible for supervision of Cooks is assigned.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.50 /hour
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
This Job Is:
Pioneer Career and Technology Center
27 Ryan Road
Shelby, Ohio, 44875
Connect With Us...