Mt. Gilead, OH
Central Ohio Farmers Co-op Inc. is seeking team members who desire to work with great mentors and coaches to develop the skills needed for a successful career.
To be successful in a Custom Applicator / Driver position, the candidate should enjoy working both independently and in a group setting, be a self-starter, possess independent-thinking skills and have a desire to learn both agronomy and grain.
It is imperative that the successful candidate display a positive attitude that promotes teamwork and a favorable image of the cooperative. Employees are required to work occasional weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
- Communicate with Agronomist or location manager concerning daily activities
- Deliver grain, feed, fertilizer or chemicals
- Apply dry and liquid fertilizer, chemicals and lime to customer's fields
- Assist in housekeeping and maintenance of facility grounds
- Assist with outbound and inbound agronomy products
- Ensure Safety compliance.
- Maintain & record maintenance of all equipment
- Record daily application logs.
- Accurately assist with measuring and counting of inventory, including: dry and liquid fertilizers, NH3, lime, and chemicals.
- Provide courteous customer service.
- Operate all equipment & vehicles according to COFC policy and procedure along with all local, state, and federal laws.
EXPERIENCE: Spray application experience preferred.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures using basic math skills. Calculations include measurements, fractions and percentages
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Commercial pesticide applicators license with 2A, 2C and necessary endorsements.
Must have an acceptable motor vehicle record. This position requires the safe operation of a motor vehicle to perform the essential functions of the job. The employee must meet the qualifications set forth in COFC’s motor vehicle safety policy. Must have a CDL Class A in good standing with endorsements. Failure to meet these qualifications could result in removal from this position.
Job Type: Full-time
- spray application: 1 year (Preferred)
Class A Commercial Driver License (Required)
Pioneer Career and Technology Center
27 Ryan Road
Shelby, Ohio, 44875
Connect With Us...