Job ID: 443276BR
Address Line 1: 160 Mansfield Industrial Parkway
Zip Code: 44903
Position Status: Full-Time
Work Hours: varies
Through education and driving skills development, become proficient in the operation of a tractor trailer combination, picking up and delivering freight between service centers and customer locations. Responsibilities include non-driving duties such as forklift operation and working the dock.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Operate tractor-trailer combination, including doubles (and other longer combination vehicle (LCV) configurations, where applicable) and/or straight trucks
2. Perform pre-trip, post-trip, and inter-trip safety inspections on equipment
3. Hook/unhook trailers and converter dollies to/from a tractor and/or trailer
4. Perform freight handling using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including, but not limited to, forklift, pallet jack, and hand truck
5. Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies, including, but not limited to, pallets, straps, and rope
6. Recoup/repair damaged freight when necessary
7. Verify and complete required documentation and reports
8. Collect checks for freight charges and maintain related documentation, as required
9. Comply with hazardous material regulations and company procedures, and confirm placarding matches hazmat shipments, as required
10. Communicate with and follow Dispatch instructions regarding events including, but not limited to, delays, arrivals, equipment problems, etc., as required
11. Demonstrate internal and external customer service
12. Communicate with customers to determine pick-up or delivery needs
13. Ask customers for additional business, and provide leads to sales for potential new opportunities
14. Where operationally necessary, perform job duties of a road driver or freight handler
15. Chain vehicle tires, as required
16. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
17. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Division Category: Courier/Tractor-Trailer Driver
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.
Pioneer Career and Technology Center
27 Ryan Road
Shelby, Ohio, 44875
Connect With Us...