Cline Fire, LLC is looking for a qualified candidate to fill the position of Fire Protection Technician.
Fire Protection Technician – Full time - Pay is established based on experience and current licenses
As a Fire Protection Technician, you will work on new installations, service, and testing and inspections of fire alarm systems, fire extinguishers, emergency exit lighting, and pre-engineered suppression systems. The ideal candidate will be able to deliver these life-safety compliance services for our customers while working independently with great accuracy. This position requires a strong ability to meet scheduled appointment times while on-site delivering routine installations, inspections, testing, and maintenance and an understanding of the commitment working in a service industry demands.
- Install fire alarm systems, fire extinguishers, emergency exit lighting, and pre-engineered suppression systems
- Inspect and test fire alarm systems, fire extinguishers, emergency exit lighting, and pre-engineered suppression systems
- Service and maintain fire alarm systems, fire extinguishers, emergency exit lighting, and pre-engineered suppression systems
- Accurately complete required reports and paperwork for all services
- Communicate with customers prior to starting work and upon completion
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude when working around or directly with the public and/or customers.
- Complete required employment paperwork, including time sheets and job cost analysis forms in a timely and professional manner
- Participate in periodic Cline Fire business meetings and contribute to the growth and sustainability of Cline Fire
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Previous fire protection services experience and certifications OR electrician experience with pre-wiring and conduit work
- Willingness to travel throughout Ohio with a company-provided vehicle (generally during regular business hours)
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Ability to pass a drug test, background check, and BMV check
- Ability to operate hand tools, climb up and down ladders, lift and carry over 60lbs, and operate a scissor lift
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Appropriate computer skills for troubleshooting and programming panels
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Availability and willingness to work a rotating on-call schedule during the week/weekends
Compensation will be based on an hourly wage for actual time worked with a half-hour unpaid lunch. Pay for wages and benefits will be issued fortnightly through company payroll. This position currently includes PTO and holiday pay in accordance with Cline Fire’s policies, but no additional benefits or compensations, whether directly stated or implied.
Cline Fire, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $20.00 /hour
- fire protection services OR electrician: 1 year (Required)
- Clean Driving Record: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)