Position: Front Desk Support Staff
Overtime Eligible: Non-Exempt
Established in 1994, Third Street Family Health Services (TSFHS) is a regional not-for-profit community health center providing medical, dental, OB/GYN, pediatric, community outreach, and behavioral health services across eleven locations in Richland, Ashland, and Crawford counties. Our mission is to provide accessible, quality primary health care to the underserved. We believe that the health status of our community can be improved by providing accessible and affordable health care, advocacy, and community health initiatives.
We provide patient-centered care and provide our services with respect, integrity, and accountability top of mind. For more information, visit tsfhs.org or find them on Facebook or Twitter.
POSITION SUMMARY: Experience in medical office procedures, computer literate, customer service experience with telephone skills.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Knowledgeable of our customer service mantra – SCCARF throughout all interactions with patients. Routinely greet patients, visitors and employees and remains friendly through every contact and transaction.
- Receives calls and schedules appointments.
- Verifies insurance eligibility per Third Party Patient Eligibility policy ahead of time for scheduled appointments.
- Answers/screens telephone calls and forwards to appropriate personnel.
- Records phone messages and distributes appropriately.
- Accurate data entry of patient information.
- Sets up payment plans and/or contracts with patients for high balances
- Accepts patient payments and records accurately. Maintains acceptable level of collection rates.
- Processes medical records according to procedure.
- Understands patient rights through HIPAA privacy rule.
- Type correspondence, memos, notices, reports accurately.
- Operates Standard office machines and equipment
- Produces necessary agency and patient printed materials/notices for distribution.
- Cross-trains in other areas of office procedures and actively participates in committees and meetings as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Support Services Assistant, Director of Support Services
Personal Contact: Frequent contact with staff of community agencies and the general public. Daily contact with agency staff. Must develop and maintain positive relationship with all of the above.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of all available services provided at TSFHS, community resources, interpersonal communication strategies, and computer software.
- Communicating effectively in both written and verbal form, managing multiple priorities, effective time management practices, problem-solving skills, and managing change and conflict.
- Manage time and deal with multiple priorities, problem solving, exercise sound judgment, define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions, make decisions, maintain information in confidential manner, listen well, maintain records and data, use the computer programs and communicate effectively including via the computer. Encourage staff to work towards their full potential and to provide excellent services to our patients and their fellow co-workers.
- Commitment to agency mission statement
- Ability to develop trust and effective working relationships with staff members, individuals, families and external and internal professionals
- Strong information gathering/interviewing techniques
- Ability to organize time and prioritize projects efficiently and effectively
- Effective leadership abilities
- Planning and organizing
- Attention to detail
- Customer service orientation
- Communication skills
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- Associate’s Degree is preferred.