Hospitality / Janitorial
· High School graduate or equivalent certification and/or higher.
· Must be able to work well and communicate with the general public, management and other employees
· Must interact easily with general public in a friendly and cheerful manner.
· Must be able to observe, react quickly and adjust to different guest situations.
· Come to work well groomed and looking professional at all times.
· Must be able to work morning to potentially late afternoon.
· Must be able to prioritize work and keep personal and professional lives separate.
· Must adhere to the Sunrise Hospitality Inc. policies, procedures manual and associate handbook.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Meet established goal times for all assigned rooms/suites.
· Strip vacant room/suite of dirty linen. Replace linen, make bed and clean any debris from under bed. Empty and thoroughly clean trash cans. Open all drawers and inspect for lost & found items. Wipe all telephones, tv screens, and all window sills and ledges. Clean all mirrors and windows until streak free. Dust all lamps, artwork and headboards. Dust and vacuum the entire room/suite. Wipe all doors. Place all guides, pamphlets and stationary correctly. Remove and replace damaged or soiled literature. Check behind furniture for material and debris and remove if found.
· Check fixtures, TV, radio and heating/cooling equipment for proper operation and setting. If problem found, report to supervisor and maintenance team.
· Thoroughly clean the bathtub, sink and vanity area. Scrub and wash the tub area inside and outside. Shine all chrome to maintain streak-free surface. Scrub and film off the shower door or curtain and replace curtain if necessary. Replace towels and amenities. Clean and disinfect the toilet and bathroom floor. If applicable, thoroughly clean whirlpool, including regular sterilizing.
· If room is equipped with appliances, thoroughly clean coffee maker, dishwasher, microwave, stove top, refrigerator and freezer. Ensure that hair dryer filter is free of debris and that iron is water-free and stain-free. Check ironing board and report any problems.
· If room has dishes, pots & pans, and cutlery, ensure they are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected. Follow local and/or brand standards on storing items.
· Disinfect and air freshen the room/suite.
· Conduct a maintenance check for items inside and outside the room/suites. Complete maintenance slip for any problems found. Serious problems should be reported to supervisor and General Manager as soon as possible. Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to: deadbolt, telephone, draperies, smoke alarm, and stained or peeling caulking and wallpaper.
· Ensure that guests’ special requests are provided, such as additional towels, pillows, trash bags, etc.
· Follow hotel’s procedures for “Do Not Disturb”, stay-overs, check-outs, key card policies and lost & found procedures. These procedures are reviewed in detail during initial training.
· On a scheduled basis perform additional duties and periodic specialized cleaning/replacement as assigned by supervisor/management. Perform deep cleaning according to daily schedules.
· Assume responsibility for keys as logged in/out. Follow hotel’s guidelines/policies for keys. Return guest keys to Front Desk at the end of your shift.
· Maintain a clean and stocked cart at all times.
· Maintain any reports and checklists given to you by supervisors.
· All dirty linens, dust cloths, etc. to be delivered to laundry room according to hotel schedules.
· Clean and prepare cribs and rollaway beds for storage and use.
· Perform laundry duties, as required.
· Clean common areas in the hotel, as required. Common areas include, but are not limited to: meeting room(s), public restrooms, lobby, fitness center, pool area, elevator corridors, hallways and stairwells. Remove trash, dust and vacuum, as needed.
· Wearing proper uniforms at all time, this includes name tag and brand standard uniform.
· Assist all guest in a sincere and courteous manner, don’t be afraid to go the extra mile.
· Accommodate guest needs and special requests in a pleasant and professional manner.
· Maintain knowledge of safety, security and emergency procedures. Report safety and security issues to supervisor.
· Attend/direct mandatory all staff or departmental meeting. Convey pertinent information to staff and other department heads.
· Communicate in a friendly and professional manner with guests, colleagues and management.
· Observe practices to ensure guest privacy. Limit access to guest and business records to authorized persons.
· Eating, drinking and smoking at the work station(s) is not allowed.
· Interact with guest for guest stay feedback and maintaining hotel service scores.
· Be part of the team to maintain high guest service scores.
· Completing goals and job assignments provided by Supervisor or mandated by Brand.
· Perform all other duties as requested by Supervisor or Management.
Essential Equipment Skills:
· Fire alarm system, fire extinguisher, gas detector system, utility shut- off.
· Guest telephones, televisions, alarm clock/radio, HVAC systems, door locks.
· Time clocks, phone system, lobby stereo system.
· Commercial washer and dryer, commercial laundry chemical dispenser, commercial microwave, refrigerator, freezer, vacuum cleaner, commercial dishwasher, carts etc.
Allergic reactions could result from contact with various solvents, cleaners, photocopy toners, latex, and insecticides. Required and provided personal protective equipment includes safety glasses, rubber gloves and facial masks. May encounter different types of parasites or vermin while on duty.
The physical demand described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee regularly will be required to speak, read, hear, stand, walk, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach overhead, sit, climb, balance, use repetitive motion, use sustained visual and mental concentration and use hands to finger, handle and feel. The employee frequently may push, pull, lift, or carry weights up to 30 pounds. Occasionally the employee may have to lift, carry or push up to 60 pounds.
Failure to change bed lines, i.e. duvets, duvet covers and sheets, etc. on checked out room will result in immediate termination.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: Up to $12.00 per hour
Pioneer Career and Technology Center
27 Ryan Road
Shelby, Ohio, 44875
Connect With Us...