Position: Maintenance Staff Assistant
Overtime Eligible: Non-exempt
Organization Information: Established in 1994, Third Street Family Health Services (TSFHS) is a regional not-for-profit community health center providing medical, dental, OB/Gyn, pediatric, community outreach, and behavioral health services across eleven locations in Richland, Ashland, and Crawford counties. Our mission is to provide accessible, quality primary health care to the underserved. We believe that the health status of our community can be improved by providing accessible and affordable health care, advocacy, and community health initiatives.
We provide patient-centered care and provide our services with respect, integrity, and accountability top of mind. For more information, visit tsfhs.org or find them on Facebook or Twitter.
Primary Function: Responsible for general and preventive maintenance including servicing, painting and repairs of the Health Center facilities. Schedules routine inspections and records it in the log. Maintains and cares for the Health Center grounds.
20. Identifies the need for professional electrical/plumbing intervention as necessary.
21. Inspects grounds to ensure safe conditions. Makes recommendations for improvements.
22. Responsible for lawn care, lawn cleaning and plant care, leaf removal as appropriate.
23. Responsible for snow removal of sidewalks, entrance ramps, walkways and doorways; spreads sand/salt to prevent slipping.
24. Inspects and makes minor repairs to equipment and to walkways and driveways.
25. Contacts contracted sprinkler service company if repair is needed to sprinkler systems. Also, monitors that sprinkler system is being serviced and tested at proper intervals by contracted sprinkler repair company.
26. Attends and participates in required meetings.
27. Keeps Facilities Manager or designee informed of any unsafe items or conditions and makes recommendations for improvements.
28. May include light house-cleaning including but not limited to: vacuuming floors, damp-mop floors, dusting and emptying trash.
29. Performs related work as required.
Supervision Received: Facilities Manager
Supervisory Duties: None
Personal Contacts: Frequent contact with staff of community agencies and the general public. Daily contact with agency staff. Must develop and maintain positive relationship with all of the above.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of: Comprehensive knowledge of all available services provided at TSFHS, community resources, interpersonal communication strategies, and computer software.
Skill in: Communicating effectively in both written and verbal form, interviewing techniques, managing multiple priorities, effective time management practices, de-escalation skills, problem-solving skills, and managing change and conflict.
Ability to: Manage time and deal with multiple priorities, problem solving, exercise sound judgment, define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions, make decisions, maintain information in confidential manner, listen well, maintain records and data, use the computer programs and communicate effectively including via the computer. Encourage staff to work towards their full potential and to provide excellent services to our patients and their fellow co-workers.
High School Diploma or GED required.
Mechanical Training preferred.
Pioneer Career and Technology Center
27 Ryan Road
Shelby, Ohio, 44875
Connect With Us...