Please apply online at www.mennel.com/careers to be considered for the position.
Come join our family at Mennel Milling, a 130 year old industry leader who is searching for our leaders of tomorrow. We’d love to talk with you about our progressive company and how you could fit into Team Mennel. Give us a call today!
Competitive pay and benefits. Must pass substance abuse testing, post-offer physical evaluation and background check. See job description listed below. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to support production, quality and warehouse through maintaining and improving the on-going reliability of the plant equipment and machinery. This position will sustain the food safety policy, mission, purpose and quality statements of the Mennel Milling Company.
PRIMARY WORK SHIFT: This position works a 12-hour schedule that rotates days of the week. You must be able to work weekends (every other) and potentially some holidays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following - Other duties may be assigned:
- Follow all food and personal safety rules and regulations in respect to PPE’s, GMP’s, OSHA, HACCP, NFPA, LOTO and sanitation guidelines as set forth by the company.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment and maintain the plant in an everyday audit ready state
- Responsible to repair and maintain bearings, seals, lubrication systems, machine alignment, machine controls and other complex systems.
- Responsible to transfer the above knowledge into complex packaging and processing equipment.
- Responsible to pass along knowledge to operators regarding basic mechanical adjustments and repairs.
- Accountable to know, understand and report KPI’s
- Attend all training sessions as required
- Continuously upgrade skills and knowledge to remain current with the latest technology
- Report any unsafe conditions or actions to company supervision immediately
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without accommodation. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent required;
- Must be able to work in high places and complete overhead work
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to use troubleshooting tools to include multi-meter and current meter
- Must be able to weld including resistance, MIG and TIG welding
- Basic electrical skills, troubleshooting basic motor control circuits and understanding electrical safety preferred
- Familiarity with CMMS and machine shop equipment as well as the ability to accurately design, develop, document and fabricate machine parts
- Must have solid interpersonal skills with the ability to listen well, and work in a team environment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.46 /hour
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma