Prepares patients for examination and treatment. Assures completion of patient histories. Obtains vital signs.
- Administers injections, assists with splints and applies dressings as directed.
- Performs sterilization of instruments/equipment, if indicated, according to established policies.
- Performs CLIA Waived tests as instructed including Covid Tests
- Performs phlebotomy duties as directed.
- Orders and maintains supplies as needed.
- Performs some or all of the following general receptionist duties when needed:
- Verifies and updates patient information in the practice management system.
- Collects co-pays and open balances, post charges and accurately enters these in the practice management system. Balance charges and payments and prepares deposit.
- Answers telephone promptly and courteously; takes messages accurately and provides information as needed.
- Assembles, updates, and ensures completion of the patient medical record.
- Completes referrals and pre certifications as needed..
- Completes mandatory training and education in order to maintain organization and department specific competencies and requirements. Maintains applicable certification/licensure.
- Follows system and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, mandatory education, and dress code
- Other duties as assigned
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 12 hour shift
- medical assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- medical assisting: 1 year (Preferred)
- phlebotomy: 1 year (Preferred)
- medical office: 1 year (Preferred)