Plans, organizes, directs, and controls the activities of the production operation functions and associated support functions of the Mansfield Plant. Responsible for the performance of the following functional departments: Assembly Operations, Fabrication Operations, Human Resources, Quality Assurance, Plant Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Tooling Services, Plant Accounting, and Materials.
- Develops plant-wide strategies to provide for the continued profitability of the Mansfield facility.
- Develops and implements plans for the control of planned production levels, spending, labor efficiency, support functions, and staffing.
- Conducts routine Sales/Operations Planning Meetings to assure adequate coordination between the customers and the Plant.
- Takes a proactive role in leading the implementation of Lean Manufacturing practices in the plant and supporting areas, including suppliers.
- Provides operations reports to the executive staff regarding plant performance to plan, and action plans to offset areas of shortfall.
- Presents to Senior Vice President - Operations matters requiring a decision that could affect production, employee relations, or other matters of importance.
- Defines and recommends objectives in areas impacting plant performance. Develops short-term and long-term plans along with budgets/manpower requirements.
- Coordinates and collaborates with other departments and plants in carrying out responsibilities.
- Ensures proper maintenance of facility and equipment, including preventive maintenance programs.
B.S. degree in engineering, or related discipline, and a
Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a Plant Manager, or equivalent, in a smaller manufacturing location, or as an Operations Manager at a similar location.
Experience managing in a union-free environment.
Proven ability to recruit, train, and motivate personnel toward meeting Plant goals.
Leadership experience and interpersonal skills.
Written and verbal communication skills.
Judgment and decision-making capability.
Organizing and planning capabilities.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office or equivalent productivity suites currently in use by the company.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment. If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.