The Seasonal Merchandising Team Lead is responsible for executing proper product placement and flow. Other operational duties include floor moves, replenishment, inventory, shortage control, stockroom organization, and merchandising are required as well. The associate is also responsible for fulfillment and performing other duties as necessary.
In order to present our customers with the best holiday shopping experience, many of our Seasonal Associate arrive prior to store opening and remain after closing to ensure we are ready to make Macy's magic. Seasonal associates will have the opportunity to work a flexible schedule on a temporary basis, which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and busy events such as the day after Thanksgiving and the day after Christmas. And don't forget - just in time for holiday shopping, you will receive an employee discount of up to 20% starting your first day!
Any schedule hours listed in the job posting title are subject to change based on business needs. All holiday associates may be required to work hours other than those stated in the job posting title on weekends, or on key holiday events such as the Friday after Thanksgiving.
- Be proficient in POS and MPOS systems including Search and Send, My Client and More@ Macy’s tablet app.
- Proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to shop and compare, whether Macy’s devices or their own.
- Assist customers in all aspects of total store fulfillment and have the ability to satisfy the needs of our digital and physical customers by making appropriate partnerships when necessary.
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer is always the priority.
- Direct Merchandise Team in the placement of merchandise on the sales floor to ensure floor readiness.
- Educate, motivate, and develop team to ensure effective performance through consistent on-the-job training.
- Ensure all procedures, policies, and standards are understood and followed by associates.
- Oversee replenishment of stock onto the sales floor.
- Assist Merchandise Team Manager in the movement of fixtures and merchandise for new product, season changes, and clearance sets.
- Review the flow of merchandise on a daily basis.
- Assist in markdown process.
- Assist in inventory process.
- Ensure that shortage prevention initiatives are executed.
- Oversee stockroom maintenance.
- Oversee processing of damages, transfers, and return to vendor merchandise.
- Maintain high customer readiness and standards by delivering a clean, neat, easy to shop store environment.
- Be able to understand customer preference and set sales floor to appeal to store’s specific customer base.
- Attend to customer service needs in a friendly and helpful manner when approached.
- Be sensitive to the needs of the store and flex into other non-selling areas as needed.
- Maintain department recovery standards; including fitting room go backs to standard, if applicable.
- Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance procedures.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Follows shortage programs and procedures.
- Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the Supervisor.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one to three years’ experience in a supervisory position.
- Additional schooling or background in merchandising is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
- This position involves constant moving and standing.
- Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours.
- Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
- May occasionally involve reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
- May involve reaching above eye level.
- Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Strong merchandising skills.
- Possess vision and creativity.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.