Click the link below to access information regarding Covid-19 notifications and safety precautions at Pioneer.
Interested in an opportunity to join a leader in the pump industry? The Gorman-Rupp Company, headquartered in Mansfield, Ohio, has been designing, manufacturing, and selling pumps and pumping systems for use in water, wastewater, construction, industrial, original equipment, agriculture, fire protection, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning, and other liquid-handling applications for over 80 years. The 1st Shift Spray Painter is responsible for preparing parts or assemblies to include cleaning and/or masking the parts. Responsible for setting up and operating the equipment and electrostatically spray paint a variety of pumps, components and accessories.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
Assumes responsibility for preparing and painting pumps and pump accessories.
· Work from work orders, verbal or written instructions to include operation of the equipment and paint mixing information.
· Use solvents, pain and thinners, wiping cloths, metal fillers, small sanding/grinding equipment or other required metal prep equipment and hand carts, lift platforms or trucks, joist or other handling devices to obtain, move or position work.
· Wipe clean and mask areas not to be painted.
· Operate paint spray and associated auxiliary equipment as instructed or directed.
· Mix and thin paint to proper consistency.
· Occasionally mix special custom paints.
· Set up and operate electrostatic spray and auxiliary equipment.
· Properly adjust air pressure and gun nozzle to accommodate work to be performed.
· Manipulate gun to cover all required surfaces in smooth, even coats, free from runs or thin spots.
· Allow for sufficient drying between spray coats.
· Remove masking.
· Move completed work to drying/storage area.
· As required, use mask and protective disposable type work clothes.
Assumes responsibility for quality of paint application.
· Examine work for obvious finishing defects.
· Advise supervisor of problems and make minor repairs to remove metal dents, smooth rough castings or fix similar imperfections.
· Perform other touchups as required.
· Follow prescribed practice to properly sand, grind or fill defects.
Assumes responsibility for proper operation and maintenance of equipment and cleanup of work area.
· Perform minor maintenance of equipment.
· Replace filters, discard old ones in proper manner.
· Clean spray booth, gun, nozzles and lines.
· Perform specialized electrostatic equipment maintenance duties including requisitioning of supplies, replacement items or parts.
Assumes responsibility for proper documentation and communication with supervisor.
· Maintain, record time, production or other required information on proper forms.
· Notify supervisor of improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions.
· Move materials, pumps, components or accessories as necessary.
· Maintain work area and equipment used in a clean and orderly condition.
· Observe all safety rules and regulations.
· Perform other similar or related duties as assigned or directed.
High School Graduate or equivalent.
Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment and/or paint experience a plus.
General knowledge of operation of manufacturing equipment and processes.
Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
Ability to understand standards, procedures and company policies.
Detailed oriented, problem solver that promotes a team environment.
Embraces process improvement and works effectively in an ever-changing environment
Physical Activities and Requirements of this Position
Ability to lift 20-40 pounds throughout the workday.
Ability to bend, stretch and reach frequently throughout the workday.
Ability to stand for long periods of time throughout the workday.
Work performed is in a typical manufacturing environment.
Temperature and humidity levels in the work environment will fluctuate.
Noise levels in the work environment will fluctuate.
Work Keys Skills Testing
Drug Screen, Physical to include Pulmonary Testing and Background Checks
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per year
Pioneer Career and Technology Center
27 Ryan Road
Shelby, Ohio, 44875
Connect With Us...