BENJAMIN STEEL COMPANY
Description of Position Responsibilities
JOB TITLE: Processor
SUPERVISED BY: Operations Manager/Warehouse Supervisor
(Shear or Saw) - Processes material, performs routine maintenance on equipment, and provides general warehouse duties, including pulling steel for customer orders, loading and unloading trucks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Safely operate and adjust machinery and equipment for full utilization.
2. Accurately process material to minimize waste and drops.
3. Accurately locate and identify stock.
4. Properly identify and process paperwork necessary for material handling/Production Recording.
5. Properly tag, band and package material for shipment.
6. Maintain a clean and safe work area.
7. Always be helpful and courteous to all customers and employees.
8. Perform Warehouse functions when needed and when processing work is not available.
9. Perform other duties as related or assigned for the benefit of the Company.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED.
Strong mechanical background.
Previous warehouse and related experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
Ability to work as a team member without close supervision to meet company and personal goals.
Capable of reading a tape measure, micrometers, blueprints and orders.
Good eye-to-hand coordination.
Good reading, writing and math skills as measured by a pre-employment test.
Ability to meet physical demands of position which are 95% of the work day (i.e. lifting up to 50 lbs independently, pushing, pulling, standing, climbing).
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.50 - $20.00 per hour
This Job Is:
Pioneer Career and Technology Center
27 Ryan Road
Shelby, Ohio, 44875
Connect With Us...