High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Warehouse Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Forklift: 2 years (Preferred)
The Forklift Operator will operate an industrial forklift truck to accomplish various materials handling assignments.
· Identifies and transports requested materials to and from various locations including machines, loading docks, railroad cars, trucks, and storage areas.
· Obtains production schedule and/or shipping orders and then identifies, verifies, and transports requested raw materials, equipment, or processing materials accordingly.
· Applies understanding of machine loading capacity and loading schedule, ensuring prompt and efficient delivery of required items.
· Uses protective materials and strapping equipment to protect and secure loads; once delivered, removes strapping and wrapping, then safely disposes of waste materials in designated containers or areas.
· Reports any problems with materials or transportation to supervisor.
· Manages and piles drums, skids, pallets, and other supplies in specified areas.
· Services equipment as needed, reporting mechanical or electrical difficulties to maintenance team or Shipping Manager.
· Performs other related duties as requested.
· Basic (9th grade) math, language, and reading skills.
· Ability to handle equipment and vehicles safely and sensibly.
Education and Experience:
· Valid state motor vehicle operator’s license.
· Satisfactorily pass forklift driving training program or demonstrate safe handling of forklift in an on-site test.
· Ability to maintain single-task focus and situational awareness.
· Must be able to move and lift up to 40-pound wooden skid or pallet.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $19.00 per hour
Edge Plastics, Inc. practices mask wearing, hand and machine sanitization, and social distancing within our facility and takes every precaution to provide a safe and healthy work environment during this pandemic.
Pioneer Career and Technology Center
27 Ryan Road
Shelby, Ohio, 44875
Connect With Us...