Hourly – Non-Exempt
The utility III position is an entry level production position that will perform a variety of rail car repairs, on their shift or in their area.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Learn, comprehend, apply and communicate all AAR, FRA, customer and company requirements
2. Ensure the company safety culture along and participate in accident investigation when needed
3. Mechanical repair of railcars using a variety of tools and equipment including but not limited to pneumatic and hydraulic tools, jacks, welders, cutting torches and forklift proficiency.
4. Touch up painting
6. Perform inspections as needed
7. Assist in shipping and receiving
9. All other duties as assigned
1. Ability to follow written work instructions or scope of work
2. Reading, writing, arithmetic skills
3. Problem Solving/Analysis
4. Ability to read blueprints
5. Ability to organize time and priorities to meet production efficiency standards
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The primary work environment is subject to extreme heat or cold for extended lengths of time. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, climb, lift, balance, stoop; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Frequently work at heights exceeding four (4) feet off ground level with proper PPE. Must be able to wear a respirator, when needed. Must be able to wear hearing protection in designated areas and during the performance of jobs where noise levels exceed 80 decibels.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. 40 Hours. 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift. Some overtime is expected.
No travel is expected for this position
Preferred Education and Experience
1. High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred
2. 1-2 years of progressive experience in a manufacturing setting.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Pioneer Career and Technology Center
27 Ryan Road
Shelby, Ohio, 44875
Connect With Us...