The basic purpose of position: Properly and safely load/unload vehicles onto/off railcars for transport. The process requires the use of an adjustable loading ramp, driving various types of vehicles onto or off of the railcars in a safe and quality manner, in accordance with customer requirements.
$17 an hour
- Comply with all industry, customer and company safety regulations and operating procedures;
- Pre-inspection of vehicles on railcar including management notification of findings;
- Inspect and assist in opening and closing railcar end doors;
- Assist in raising and lowering hinged railcar decks;
- Inspect, install and remove bridge plates;
- Remove and properly store vehicle securement devices unloading operation only;
- Properly secure vehicle for railcar movement loading operation only;
- Drive vehicles, at all times, in accordance with company and customer instructions/procedures;
- Drive vehicles to proper parking bay by assigned route for either railcar or truck shipment;
- Conduct vehicle inventory;
- May be required to operate and/or maintain various types of loading ramps;
- Perform housekeeping duties as required by site management;
- NOTE: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Skills, Licenses, Certification, and/or Special Training:
- Must maintain a valid state driver's license if required to operate company equipment;
- Must be able to safely operate vehicles with either a standard and/or automatic transmission;
Required Work and Environmental Conditions:
- Must be able to constantly work in an outdoor environment, exposed to all weather elements, including extreme hot and cold temperatures, dust and noisy conditions;
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, and being on call
- Must be able to frequently climb, using various types of ladders, to heights in excess of 16 feet;
- Must be able to properly wear all required Personal Protective Equipment.
Conditions of Employment: Employment is conditional, based on a medical examination which includes a drug screen, and an examination to verify candidates can safely perform the essential functions of the job. Road & Rail Services requires a post-offer motor vehicle reference check, background check, employment, and military if applicable verification required.
Company Profile: Established in 1987, Road & Rail Services has grown and diversified to become a leading provider of rail related services in North America. Our network of skilled associates provides plant and terminal operating expertise as well as field maintenance of rail assets for railroads, rail shippers, and owners of rail related equipment and facilities.