Click the link below to access information regarding Covid-19 notifications and safety precautions at Pioneer.
Construction Level 1
This program is designed to give you classroom and lab learning experiences in the care and maintenance of buildings. You will learn introductory constuction safety and skills. You may participate in a supervised work experience during your senior year.
Students are also eligible to earn international industry certification.
- Stripping, Waxing & Buffing Floors
- Care & Maintenance of Tile, Wood, Concrete & Ceramic Floors
- Operation of Lo-Speed & Hi-Speed Floor Machines, Automatic Walk-Behind Scrubber, Pressure Washers & Carpet Cleaning Machines
- Trash & Hazardous Waste Removal
- Office & Warehouse Cleaning
- Teamwork & Employability
- Work Scheduling
- Cleaning of Walls, Paneling & Windows
- Safety Procedures
- Inventory Purchasing
- Introduction to Woodworking
- Introduction to Electricity
- Experience working in local businesses performing a variety of building and maintenance functions
- Team with building maintenance professionals to operate a variety of hi-speed floor and carpet equipment
- Plan and manage basic wood projects
Prepared for immediate employment or apprenticeship.
- Custodial Staff:
- Cleaning Companies:
- Carpet Cleaning
- Fire Damage
- Cruise Ships & Large Hotels
- Construction Laborer