Click the link below to access information regarding Covid-19 notifications and safety precautions at Pioneer.
As a student in Culinary Arts, you will experience a professional chef training program where you will learn a wide range of food preparation techniques as you prepare gourmet foods. Course work follows the nationally recognized ProStart® program. ProStart's industry-driven curriculum provides real-world educational opportunities and builds practical skills and a foundation that will last a lifetime. You will also use your creativity as you learn the art of food presentation and display.
- Banquet Planning
- Soup/Sauce Preparation
- Food Presentation
- Operation of Commercial Food Equipment
- Sanitation & Safety Regulations
- ProStart® Certification
- ServSafe® Certification
- Pastry Specialties
- Fruit & Vegetable Preparation
- Food Inventory
Hocking College & Central Ohio Technical College
- ProStart Certificate of Achievement
- ServSafe Manager
- Create gourmet foods, cakes and pastries with artistic presentation
- Plan, prepare and serve meals for upscale events and casual dining
- Work side-by-side with professional chefs from local restaurants and bakeries
Prepared for professional culinary programs, immediate employment and further education.
- Sous Chef
- Line Cook
- Dietary Assistant
- Restaurant Management Trainee
- Sales Associate with a Food Service Company