Click the link below to access information regarding Covid-19 notifications and safety precautions at Pioneer.
You will learn a craft that dates back thousands of years but remains in high demand today. Career opportunities are great for students in this skilled trade.
Masonry is a two-year construction trades program which emphasizes brick and cement block laying with related trowel and preparation skills. Tile work is also covered.
- Set-up & Site Preparation
- Brick & Block Laying
- Blueprint Reading
- Brick & Block Cutting
- Construction Safety & OSHA Laws
- Mortar Preparation
- Material Cost Estimating
- Project Design Work
- Concrete Finishing
- Tile Setting
- Community Construction Projects
- Heavy Equipment Training
Columbus State College and Cuyahoga Community College
- NCCER Core
- NCCER Level 1
- OSHA 10
- Build scale models and community projects ranging from residential homes to commercial buildings utilizing block, brick and brick veneer, tile and concrete
- Interpret blueprints and specifications using math and critical thinking to construct masonry structures
- Develop skills, confidence, work ethic and stamina to work in a wide-range of environments and conditions
Prepared for further education, apprenticeships and immediate employment.
- Masonry Apprentice
- Brick/Block Layer for Contractors
- General Contractor Worker
- Brick/Block Laborer
- Restoration Work
- Tile Setter
- Concrete Finisher
- Heavy Equipment Operator