Click the link below to access information regarding Covid-19 notifications and safety precautions at Pioneer.
Meat and Animal Science
You will experience practical, hands-on training in an industry-like environment to prepare for a rewarding career in this field.
In lab, you will learn the basics of meat cutting, trimming and boning, wrapping, sausage making and curing. In addition, you will gain an understanding of sanitation and food safety. Harvesting techniques, carcass preparation, customer service and entrepreneurship are also covered in this program.
- Harvesting & Processing of Beef, Lamb and Pork
- State & Federal Regulations of Sanitation, Labeling, Curing and Meat Smoking
- Carcass Grading & Pricing
- Customer Relations & Retail Sales
- ID of Wholesale & Retail Cut
- Wrapping, Packaging & Freezing
- Inventory Control
- Safety Standards
Terra State Community College
- Produce a variety of meat processing products
- Utilize modern meat processing equipment
- Work daily with the same equipment used in the the industry
- Develop food products
Prepared for further education or immediate employment.
- Harvest Floor Employee
- Retail/Wholesale Meat Processor & Cutter
- Meat Market Manager
- State & Federal Meat Inspector
- Food Safety Specialist
- Food Science Technician
- Food Scientist
- Quality Control Inspector
- Sanitation Specialist