Click the link below to access information regarding Covid-19 notifications and safety precautions at Pioneer.
Project SEARCH is a unique business-led transition program for students with disabilities. Students are 18-21 years old and have completed their academic requirements for graduation but are willing to defer their diploma for one year. It provides students who want to work a chance to explore careers and develop transferable job skills with an ultimate goal of independent adults working in a competitive community based job.
- Effective Communication
- Maintaining Appropriate Behavior in the Work Place
- Maintaining Appropriate Social Skills in the Work Place
Students are trained and their progress is assessed by Project Search Job Coaches at each work site. Students do not earn a salary while learning job skills on site.
- Develop effective communication techniques
- Gain work experience through unpaid internships in 3-4 work experiences at a job site
- Increase potential employment success through job training and assessments by Project Search Job Coaches
Prepared for employment in the local community
- Food and Nutrition
- Outpatient Surgery
- Customer Service
- Custodial Services
- Wound Care
- Supply Chain
- Emergency Dept.
- Environmental Services