This satellite program is housed at Shelby High School. If you are planning on pursuing a college degree in education, this is a hands-on opportunity to gain knowledge and experience.
The two-year program includes extensive classroom hours in grade levels ranging from kindergarten through middle school. You will work with students in a classroom under the guidance of a teacher mentor as you explore the teaching profession.
- Lesson Planning
- Teaching Techniques
- Communication Skills
- Small Group Learning
- Working with a Mentor Teacher
- Hands-on Teaching Opportunities
- Portfolio Development
- Educational Technology
- Professional Development
North Central State College, Ohio State University, Lake Erie College, Mount Vernon Nazarene University and advanced standing at Ashland University.
- Explore a wide range of teaching skills in lesson planning, teaching techniques and educational technology
- Develop your interpersonal skills while working with a mentor teacher in a real classroom
- Create a professional portfolio
Prepared for college in education field.
- Teacher’s Aide
- Early Childhood Education Teacher
- Educational Software Analysis
- Educational Website Analysis
- Elementary Teacher
- Middle School Teacher
- High School Teacher
- Special Education
- Guidance Counselor
- Education Administrator