Click the link below to access information regarding Covid-19 notifications and safety precautions at Pioneer.
You will learn many aspects of welding technology with hands-on lab experience, and have the opportunity to earn industry certifications in such areas as Arc, MIG, TIG and Gas Welding. Students also study business management as it relates to this field.
- Fundamentals of Metallurgy
- TIG Welding of Aluminum
- Automatic Welding & Burning
- Use of Grinders & Presses
- MIG Plate & Sheet Metal Welding
- Welding in Flat, Horizontal & Overhead Positions
- Blueprint Reading
- Robotic Welding Programming
- Arc-air Scarfing
Columbus State College and North Central State College
- AWS Certified Welder
- Use advanced welding techniques to design, engineer, build and troubleshoot complex welding and manufacturing solutions
- Interpret blueprints and specifications using math and critical thinking
- Develop the confidence, work ethic and stamina necessary for a career in welding and fabrication
Prepared for immediate employment as a welder, apprenticeship with unions, AWS certifications and further education.
- Combination Welder, Fitter or Flame Cutting Operator
- Sheet Metal Apprentice
- Industrial & Construction Welder